Early Childhood - 3's, 4's
Attitudes and skills are developed in the early childhood and pre-kindergarten programs that are a foundation for later learning. The program provides a creative and fun atmosphere in which each child can grow socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually to his or her full potential as a child of God.
- To promote independence.
- To provide opportunities for developing social skills.
- To develop a positive self-image.
- To increase attention span and introduce the classroom environment.
- To foster an enthusiasm for learning.
- To provide activities that strengthen and develop both large and small motor skills.
- The 3 year old program focuses on social skills, counting, color and shape recognition.
- The 4 year old program focuses on preparation for kindergarten including colors, shapes, numbers, name recognition, and the alphabet.
- Reading and math readiness is introduced through the Opening the World of Learning ('OWL') program by Pearson.
3 Year Old Program
2012-2013: Tuesday and Thursday, 11:45 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
4 Year Old Half-Day Program
2012-2013: M-T-W-Th-F, 8:00 a.m. -11:30 p.m.
4 Year Old Full Day Program
2012-2013: M-T-W-Th-F, 7:45 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Option for full day 4 year old students to remain until 5:30 p.m.
- Half or full-day option.
- Emphasis on school readiness using the Rowland Reading Program.
- Reading and mathematics skills further developed.
- Hands-on activities allow for creative expression.
- Science and social studies integrated throughout.
- Student centered activities that create opportunities to explore, discover, question, and succeed.
- Students receive library, art, music, P.E. and Spanish instruction.
- Option for full day students to stay until 5:30 p.m.